Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Why I don’t blog.

I think this is the one of the toughest questions for me to address. It's not that I don't like talking. Shoot, I can almost out talk most people. I've got words to spare. I've got lots to say.

Here's my problem—I'm notorious for speaking my mind.

Ask me about politics – yep, I have an opinion.

Ask me about world issues – sure as shooting, Tex, I've got an opinion.

Do I have opinions, refer to the above.

The fact remains. I learned a hard lesson on Facebook regarding actually speaking my mind. I put out my feelings. I got trashed. I got a whole bunch of cheerleaders going – you're nothing. Actually, I am something. I'm a person who should be able and allowed to say what I feel and when I feel it.

So, the question then became—what the hell am I suppose to say? Or should I say anything?

I can say my most recent release was a part of that. When I wrote Intimate Space I knew exactly what I was doing. It's a shot at so many issues that face us now. It's the things that we don't notice, but we should. And now, I'm working on the sequel. I like the story, but I've already been warned 'don't go hard sci-fi' and 'your readers won't get it'. What am I suppose to say to that. I'm supposed to dumb down my story simply because there is a attitude that readers are idiots? I don't believe that.

I don't get it. I can't speak my mind. I can't write the story how it should be. I can't be the writer I want to be. I can't take on the issues I want to take on and put them into a context that is both entertaining as well as informative.

From now on, I'm going to speak my mind. I'm launching a new chapter in my life. If you don't like what I have to say, please feel free to debate this with me. If you detest me because I am willing to go there, then that's your problem.


 

The fact is, I'm Belladonna. I have opinions and I'm gonna talk about them.

Until the next time – and no, I'm not gonna get sappy and thank you for hanging around, but I appreciate those who have followed me.


 

Bella

2 comments:

  1. Dang, I need some popcorn, cause you just gave it to some people. Keep it up, I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi J-bunny. Thanks for stopping by and yeah, gonna keep dishing it too - lol.

    ReplyDelete